8/16/18

If you're looking for some books to read. Here some suggestions.

Now Playing: Lucky - Aurora

Hi! Long time no see.

Everytime people asked me, "Hey do you still write on your blog?" 
I'll be answering something like, "Yeah. Where else would I write ..." then I laughed awkwardly before continuing with, "Cause you know, even one blog is hard to manage."

As you can see my last post was on March. Oh my!

Anyway, this evening I was craving to eat Ayam Penyet and Kit Kat. So, I randomly got myself to go to Tapak Foodtruck and Giant in Amcorp Mall to buy those. 

After satisfied eating those, I just thought to myself, "Yep! I'm gonna write tonight."

For those who has been following me on Instagram / FB page Zine I-Me ... you might be familiar with my #ProjekReviu. But last month I did something a lil' bit different.

I've become a curator for twt_buku (search for this page on Twitter) for one week (22nd July - 29th July 2018). I got all excited to talk to all the bibliophile / book lovers, so I did some poster to promote my session on IG story.


Other than feeling excited, part of me were also nervous at that time because that account has 19.5 k followers. Some of  'em are writers, people who work in publishing industry, past currators, people who have read a lot of title.

During the session I was required to review 3 books I've read. Apart from that, I was also given the freedom to curate any topic I wanted (book related). So, I came up with a few topics, including zines and magazines. Really warm response I got there. I'm so happy reading the response; some tells story, experiences and many more.

At the end of this post I'll be providing the full list of links to all my topics. So you won't be missed out.

The topics I could came up with at that time,
As refer to the title of this blog post. Here are list of books that I've shared along the session. I have sort it according to the topic I discussed.


I also include the title that I planned to buy in the future:

1. Good Night Stories For Rebel Girls, Timbuktu Labs, 2016 (illustrated by 60 females artists; 100 stories, 100 illustrations)
2. Terdampar, ITBM, 2014
3. The Book of Invisible Questions, Gramedia Pustaka Utama, 2017

and right now the list is growing as I added more title to the list:

4. One Two Jaga: Movie Tie-In, FIXI, 2018
5. Dihantu, FIXI, 2018
6. Hikayat Nabi Yusof, FIXI Retro, 2018
7. Teksi Blues, Studio Anai-anai, 2017.
8. Something written by Syafiq Ghazali
9. Something written by Syamnuriezmil



Well, hope the list help you in choosing your next book to read or even your first!

Apart from that, I also listed the magazines & zines I have in my collection. And just a few days ago, I bought two new zines to be added to my collection:

1. Small Man 7, Mkazizi_Bxm, 2018
2. Tapir Post #3, ZinesbyMari, 2017


 As promise, here are the compilation of the links to the topic discussed during the session:

Part 1 - Book Review


Part 2 - Everyday Topics

7. Zines 

Special for all bibliophile, I also made Story Template for you guys to spread the love of reading and positive vibes on your IG / FB story, WhatsApp status.

1

2

3
Anyway, right now I see that reading scene is growing in Malaysia. We've #MalaysiaMembaca that suggested by our Minister of Education. In the city we've KL Book Exchange, Books On The Move, Buku Jalanan. These are several example. Maybe you can name more.  

Soon, I've a plan to do something like Top 3 of my Favourite Book according to publishers (especially Malaysian publishers). This will requires me to do some sorting and checklist. Hopefully, I can do it quick. 

For now, drop your comment on the title you think I should read, any books that I should try to read from any publisher or Top 3 list of books genre that you want me to write first.  

Till we meet again! Stay awesome!

No comments: